The Jaguar XK150 was a sports car produced by Jaguar which was introduced in May 1957 replacing the XK140 range. It was initially available in Fixed Head Coupé (FHC) and Drophead Coupé (DHC) versions with the Roadster version being introduced in March 1958. It featured a 3.4 litre DOHC Jaguar straight-6 engine similar to the XK140. A four speed manual transmission was offered with overdrive with a three-speed automatic transmission available as optional as in the previous model.
The XK150 got more power in spring 1958 with the introduction of a 3.4 litre "S" engine producing 250 bhp and featuring a new design straight-port cylinder head and triple SU HD8 carburettors.1959 saw the introduction of a 3.8 litre version of the famous XK engine packing 220 bhp in standard version and 265 bhp in the "S" versions.
The suspension and chassis were also similar to the XK140 but for the first time featured four wheel disc brakes as standard equipment. The steering was rack and pinion but with no option of power steering. The XK150 had a more contemporary bodywork with a distictive grille that looked finer than its predecessor and the wing line no longer dropped so deeply at the doors The XK140's split screen was replaced by a one piece curved windscreen. Production of the XK150 ceased in 1960 and it was replaced with the Jaguar E-type.